Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Crazy Month

Where has the time gone? I can not believe it is almost Christmas and I am proud to say I have not begun my shopping, yet!! First time ever I don't have a clue AND I don't really care. Christmas is not about presents. It's about familTodd and I were treated to a night at Amangiri. A new Aman resort hidden in the middle of no where. It was so amazing. The food was fantastic. We were treated like royalty. The tour of the property was most impressive. We pretended to be rich and famous for 24 hours.
.
OUR ROOM. THE PATIO OUTSIDE OUR ROOM.

THE AMAZING SWIMMING POOL. DINING ROOM

We also pulled off our Ward Christmas Party Dinner. It was a huge undertaking and that is all I care to say about that! However, I do have to mention that when it was time to clean up, I had a little mishap, to say the least. I gathered 5 poinsettias in my arms from atop the piano. As I turned around to take them into the Chapel, some men had pulled out the folding chair cart and I plowed right into it, sending 5 poinsettias flying and me tripping and falling all over the place. Not a pretty sight. My pride was more hurt than my physical body--or so I thought. When I walked into the dimly lit, quiet Chapel I sat the 5 poinsettias on the organ, turned around and sat down on the first pew. I began to cry and cry and cry. I felt something on my left leg. I rolled up my pants and realized I was hurt more than I thought. Here is a sample of my "Christmas Party" accident. I'm seeing the Doc tomorrow for an unrelated item, but will have him take a look, just in case.

A bit bruised I'd say. My whole leg looks like
I have some dreaded disease!

I did not think the cut needed stitches.
It was deep the further down my leg it went.

5 comments:

Holly said...

Yikes! Sorry to hear about you leg! I'm in charge of our ward Christmas party this year. I think I'll try to have someone else clean up! I'm not so into ward activities. It seems like something always has to go wrong...
And is that resort in Page?!

patrice stanford said...

Do you realize that you are sitting in your living room and taking pictures of your leg? Think about that for a minute...it's kinda weird. Hope you're doing better. I want to stay there...yeah, right. I can afford that. I'm sure.

Shelly said...

Ouch--sorry to hear about your injury. Hope it feels better and fast. We'll see you guys soon!

JP said...

You do realize you have lumber don't you?! And this is why I don't fulfill my Church callings.

Dana G said...

I was actually in the TV room, but I just wanted a picture of my wound for the sympathy vote! The Doctor said it will take a long time to go away, but it looks ok.
I hope to not fulfill any more Church callings...You never know when some snot nosed Elder might try to trip you.