Sunday, January 24, 2010

Storm of the century...

Hey, Family!! We've had a week of stormy weather and it was fun!  We had some rain and mixed snow for a couple of days but got hit hard on Thursday night and Friday!  School was cancelled so we had another 3-day weekend.  Our TV signal went out a couple of times and Todd had to get up on the ladder to brush the snow off the dish.  Those are the snow flakes, biggest ones I have ever seen.  Today, it is cold and sunny.  We were able to sit out in the sun most of the afternoon.      All-in-all, it made for a nice, relaxing weekend.  We hit the road running tomorrow!  Back to work we go. 
 While we had such a stormy, snowy week, I was struck by how beautiful the geraniums are the bay window in the kitchen.  I had to take out my new camera, and take a picture!   This flower is growing in my breakfast nook!  On the other side of the window, overlooking the patio, our yard is covered in snow.  It made for a nice contrast.











3 comments:

Shelly said...

I'm jealous...I wish we could have a little snow now and then. And some 3-day weekends!

patrice stanford said...

WOW! Do you remember that grandpa always grew geraniums??? Hope to come over in March or April. Miss and love you.

Mary said...

sounds like all is well in Page!