Sunday, May 17, 2009

Margie Re-Visited

Todd and I always sit on the very back row in church--you know the one--it's the one at the very back of the Chapel back up against the divider between the Chapel and the gym. Sitting on the last row of pews on the left side of the Chapel was Sister Ann Jourdain and Rose/Verle Palmer. In the middle of the high council speaker, a little native child began to SCREAM at the top of his lungs. This went on for a long time and the parent did nothing to soothe or stop the screaming. We were getting quite irritated when all of sudden Ann Jourdain stood up, bent over two rows of pews and said something to the "care taker" of the screaming child. The "care taker" took the screaming child out! I laughed inside! When services were over, I told Sister Jourdain, "Thank you"! She looked at me, smiled and said, "your mother used to do that". I laughed and said, "she sure did".
I was always so embarrassed when my mom would quiet someone in Church but now I appreciate someone standing up for what is proper in Church etiquette and what is right! Thanks, Ann!
Two more days until my surgery, I'll be so glad when this is finally behind me. I'm so tired of feeling sick! Please keep your prayers coming this way.

2 comments:

Jill Elizabeth said...

I guess if a kid didn't know any better Grandma would have to go to their parent to keep them quiet. But when I was a kid, all it took was the "Margie Eyes" and I'd shut the heck up :o)

I feel sort of obnoxious pointing it out, but you misspelled "reverence."

Dana G said...

Thanks, Jill, It is corrected. I had only two ways it could go!