Friday, May 29, 2009

Mystery Illness Update



Saturday afternoon, Tyler and his girlfriend Dionna came to spend the long weekend with us. It was nice to have them here and to cook dinner for us! We did not take any pictures with our camera, however. I love having my boys come home and hate to see them leave. But, work and life calls.


I got the stints taken out of my nostrils on Wednesday in Flagstaff. That was amazing how large they were. I had instant relief from congestion. I have since been feeling a bit better each day. We go back on Wednesday to take the packing out which will be a bit more intense. He will have to numb my nostrils and dig way up there to get them out, but that is when my sinuses will begin to really heal and hopefully work. I still have a lot of pressure and headaches and can only take Advil and apply ice. The doctor said that should go away after the packing is removed. I still have a few of the other "mystery" symptoms, but all in all, am feeling more like Dana every day with the exception of the fatigue. As most of you know, it is really hard for me to sit still and just rest.

We bought a new hammock for the back yard as our old one was unraveling. I spent all yesterday afternoon reading, napping and relaxing in it. I felt so much better when I finally got up.


Thank you everyone who has called and prayed. Keep it up. I want to be 100% sooner than later. Love you all.


3 comments:

Erin said...

Stint and packing removal sounds miserable! You poor thing!

You're in my thoughts and I hope you see improvement really soon.

Auntie Ann said...

Oh my, that does sound awful! Get well soon, we are thinking of you.

Jenny said...

We are glad you are feeling better. If you need anything from ST George, let us know and we will bring it with us when we invade you next weekend.