Thursday, October 23, 2008

Did I really do that?

Jake and Kelsey at Antelope Canyon





Todd and I went to St. George Saturday to see the new baby!
What a cute little guy. I forgot how small babies are. Unfortunately, we could not stay long and could not see everyone--sorry Stanford's and Gibb's. The minute we got home, the phone rang. It was one of the counselors in the Relief Society saying how much she missed me at Church. (Yeah, right!!)
I said, "Thanks" and explained that we had just returned from seeing the new baby. She then told me it was alright, she managed to give my lesson, any way! How embarassing! With General Confererence being the first Sunday, I just assumed everything was pushed back a week. Boy, was I wrong. While on the phone, I looked at my schedule and very stupidly said "I don't give the lesson until the 19th!"
Oh, yeah, Sunday was the 19th!!!! Maybe I won't go back for awhile so they can forget how dumb I am! (I really did not want to give that lesson anyway!)


We've had so much fun having Jacob home for the past month. In case you have not heard, he is getting ready for Q SCHOOL!!!! He qualified in the pre-qualifier in September, and begins the different stages next Wednesday. If he makes the first two tournaments, he will get his Nationwide Card, if he makes all three tournaments, he will officially get his PGA touring card!!!
It is a very exciting time for him and us. His dad will be his caddy!
They leave this Sunday for northern California. Keep good thoughts going his way! More on that next week!
His girlfriend, Kelsey, came from Scottsdale for a short visit on Monday. They went to Antelope Canyon (Skinny Caves) for a tour and took these awesome pictures.









1 comment:

Mary said...

I blame old age and it sucks getting old.

Good job Jake!!!!!!! Let us know your schedule!