Saturday, October 11, 2008

"Home Sweet Home"

Todd and I were riding around town one day (yeah, we do that!) and he drove by 19/25 South Navajo Drive. It is just too weird to go by there and not have someone in the family living there.

Pastor Mannie has kept it up pretty well. He will invite me over sometimes, just to see the changes he and his family have made inside. He has made a few changes, but it is pretty much the way mom and dad had it.


It still looks familiar from this point-of-view. But...................................







YES, this is our old house. Can you believe it!!! I get sick whenever we drive by. It gets worse and worse all the time. I just don't have the same feeling I used to get when I drive by there. Our lives are so far removed from growing up in that house and to see it in this condition makes me so sad. In some ways I guess it is true, "you can't go home again".







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so bizzare. If I told someobdy I grew up there they would think I grew up in a poverty striken slum.