Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Slow Going!


I've spent hours trying to figure this blogging out! I guess I'm going to have to call one of you for help. I want it all to come so easy to me, but as computers go, THEY HATE ME!
So, I used chicken manure this year on the advice of good ole' Boston's True Value. Little did I know that chicken manure will cause tomato plants become the Tomato Plants from Hell! They have overgrown, and outgrown the cages and are now creeping along the ground toward the house. I'm afraid some morning I will wake up with tomato plants growing inside the house.
We are now getting a bunch of tomatoes. I have made pasta sauce and Tracy's salsa. Funny thing, our home teacher brought us tomatoes on Friday-Thanks Wayne Gustaveson! Then the Saturday, Reba Jones brought over a bag of tomatoes! I have tomatoes coming out of my ears. I thought Mormons only gave away zucchini!! I'd love some Z right now, anyone want to trade tomatoes for Z??? Dad would be proud.

5 comments:

Erin said...

I would do ANYTHING for a real homegrown tomato! I'm jealous!

Mary said...

Your Father would be so proud. He loved showing off his garden and it's bounty!

Anonymous said...

Good work on the blog! It's confusing at first but then it gets pretty easy.

Holly said...

Could you ship the tomatoes cross country?-haha. Our garden was pathetic this year, thanks to a freak hail storm in May. Its sad to think a person in Arizona is having better luck gadening that one in Virginia!
I'm glad you guys have a blog too. Computers also hate me, so mine's kinda lame.
Do you have any more pictures or video from the funeral... I never really pulled out my camera.

patrice stanford said...

Dad would be so proud. Will you come over in the spring and help me get my grow boxes started????